Billboard announced last week that it will hold its first-ever Music App Awards in October this year.
The Awards will reward the most innovative music-focused apps created for the iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia platforms. A panel of industry visionaries will choose finalists and winners.
Selected finalists will be featured in a pre-show special section of Billboard magazine, and will have the opportunity to demonstrate their apps in Billboard's "App Lounge" at Mobile Entertainment Live!: The Music App Summit.
Any app built for the iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia platforms are eligible if they were released between July 1, 2009 and July 30, 2010. The participating apps must be available for sale to the public by the submission deadline. Companies may submit as many apps as they like, but cannot nominate the same app for multiple categories.
* Best Artist-Based App: Apps created specifically for an artist
* Best Music Streaming App: Apps that feature music, such as Internet Radio or On-Demand
* Best Music Engagement App: Apps that engage in music in various ways outside of creating or just listening
* Best Music Creation App: Apps that let users make their own music via the phone
* Best Branded App: Apps that incorporate a sponsor with music capabilities to promote both the sponsor's message and highlight the music
The deadline for all submissions is July 30, 2010. The winners will be revealed at Mobile Entertainment Live!: The Music App Summit in San Francisco on October 5. To submit an app or for more info please visit the link below.