Australian indie dance act DAMNDOGS are looking for FIVE remixes to be released on vinyl.
Chris Cester and Mark Wilson already made name & fame as members of the Australian rock outfit Jet, but have taken a different direction with their new DAMNDOGS project. Completed by longtime friends Mitch McIvor and Louis Macklin, the band doesn't produce rock music à la Jet, but a unique style of their own that's been dubbed "doom disco". DAMNDOGS are bound to tear up dance floors worldwide and they want you to be part of it!
With 5 songs to choose from, this is another big contest for you to join here at Laptoprockers! Remix any of the supplied DAMNDOGS songs to enter the contest.
We have teamed up with iZotope, FXpansion and Sugar Bytes to fill the prize pool for this remix contest with some very nice plug-ins worth well over $850.
Starting August 11 we'll release stems to a new DAMNDOGS song every other week. The contest closes October 27, three weeks after the last song has been posted.
STYLES, RULES AND PRIZES
Prizes:There are 3 great prizes to win in this contest, while the best 5 entries also have a chance to be included on an upcoming DAMNDOGS vinyl release!
The maker of the winning remix walks away with a full download version of iZotope's Mix & Master Bundle, combining Alloy's mixing power with essential mastering tool Ozone. 2nd Prize
One lucky runner up gets Geist, FXpansion's next-generation sampling drum machine. 3rd Prize
Third prize winner receives Sugar Bytes' revolutionary multi-effect tool Turnado. Just turn it on and crank it up.
Rules: In addition to the terms governing your use of this Site, by entering this contest you agree to the following:
* Maximal 5 remix entries (320 kbps MP3) per person aged over 18.
* Any material used in remixes must not violate any laws or third party rights.
* All remixes will be property of DAMNDOGS and any commercial use is prohibited without their prior written consent.
* Purely non-commercial use of remixes is allowed.
* You must be prepared to enter a separate agreement under which your remix may be released.
* Laptoprockers is not responsible if sponsor or label fails to deliver prizes.
* Terms and other contest info are subject to change and may be ammended any time.
* Judges' decisions are final.
DOWNLOADS, JUDGES AND DEADLINES
Judges: The winning remixes will be picked by a panel of judges consisting of DAMNDOGS band members, their management, label and Laptoprockers' crew.
All prize winners will be contacted individually on how to collect their prizes. All prizes are issued by the sponsors directly (download).