All girl indie-pop band Vanity Theft (Ohio, USA) are looking for entries for their full-length remix album, which they will be putting out this summer.
With a moniker that sounds like the name of a Joan Jett B-side, the foursome fit right into the storied legacy of all-girl bands bent on debunking benign all-girl conventions. For instance, “Trainwreck” is about finding sexual empowerment in a dysfunctional relationship, while “Bit by Bit” uses stabbing riffs and retro synths to soundtrack being obsessed with the wrong person.
With 5 songs to choose from, this is our biggest contest to date! Remix any of the supplied Vanity Theft songs to enter the contest.
We have teamed up with Ableton and D16 Group Audio Software, a Polish developer of virtual instruments and FX, to fill the prize pool for this remix contest. Thanks!
Bonus prize! In addition to prizes for the three best remixers, there's a bonus prize for the best Vanity Theft mashup song. Create an original track using vocals from at least 2 songs.
STYLES, RULES AND PRIZES
Prizes:There are 4 great prizes to win, the best entries also have a chance to be included on Vanity Theft's remix album this Summer.
The maker of the winning remix walks away with a full download version of Ableton Live 8, the favourite software of some of the best remixers in the world. Download free trial copy. If you already own Live, read this! 2nd Prize
One runner up can pick his favourite drum machine and effect of choice from D16. 3rd Prize
Third prize winner also receives a D16 drum machine plus effect of choice. Bonus Prize
Maker of the best mashup song also wins a D16 drum machine plus effect of choice.
Rules: In addition to the terms governing your use of this Site, by entering this contest you agree to the following:
* Maximal 3 remix/mashup entries per person aged over 18.
* Any material used in remixes must not violate any laws or third party rights.
* All remixes will be property of Vigilante Music and any commercial use is prohibited without their prior written consent.
* Purely non-commercial use of remixes is allowed.
* You must be prepared to enter a separate agreement under which your remix may be released.
* Laptoprockers is not responsible if sponsor or label fails to deliver prizes.
* Terms and other contest info are subject to change and may be ammended any time.
* Judges' decisions are final.
DOWNLOADS, JUDGES AND DEADLINES
Judges: The winning remixes and the best mashup will be picked by a panel of judges consisting of Vanity Theft bandmembers, Adamant Records staff, Laptoprockers crew and Dexter Tortoriello of Houses who is also Dawn Golden and Rosy Cross (Mad Decent).
All prize winners will be contacted individually on how to collect their prizes. All prizes are issued by the sponsors directly (download).